The MISSION of Standard Gas Company is to produce oil and gas, be environmentally sensitive, scientifically innovative and technologically based. We use our core values of fairness, integrity, and commercial profitability as guiding principles.
Our company has over 100 years of experience in
- Building corporate value
- Field operations
- Cost reductions
- Business development
- Regulatory requirements
- Acquire existing fields with proved reserves
- Develop additional reserves through science and technology
- Reduce operational expenses
- Enhance production through better operations, workovers, & drilling
- Extend the life of assets
- Create a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC)
- SPAC owned by a JV of Standard Gas and Offshore investor
- Evaluate, acquire, enhance, and produce all properties
- Maintain health, safety and environmental standards
- Meet or exceed all regulatory requirements,
- Employ fair business practices and controls,
- Maintain accounting standard in accordance with general accepted accounting principles
- Communicate effectively to JV partners via quarterly reports
- Obtain semi-annual Engineering Report from credible third party entity
PAUL D. APPEL
Mr. Appel has extensive onshore and offshore oil and gas operations experience. He has worked on domestic properties in the Gulf of Mexico, California, West Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, and the Rocky Mountains, and internationally in Canada, Venezuela (offshore and onshore) and the North Sea (Norway and the U.K.).
Through these varied experiences, he has developed a proven track record in building results oriented organizations and teams, optimizing operations for increasing revenues and controlling costs, as well as knowing when to sell/shut-down poor performing assets. He also possesses strong health/safety/environment, acquisition/sales, business development and planning/budgeting skills that compliment his operations and engineering expertise.
ROBERT M. THOMASSON
Mr. Thomasson is president of Standard Gas Company of NY, Inc. He began the company in 2015, with a geological idea for development of certain oil and gas properties in New York State. With the co-operation of partners, including geologists, engineering, financial investors, and regulatory agencies, Standard Gas Company has built relationships for the future.
With time, unique relationships have been established within New York State with regulatory agencies, landowners, service companies, and state and county governments. Also banking and finance companies have been brought into the relationship. By coordination of many facets, Standard Gas Company is positioned for success.
CHRISTOPHER P. APPEL
- 14+ years of multi-discipline upstream engineering experience
- 7+ years of Manager/Team Lead experience in asset development and operations
- Asset evaluation experience in key basins such as Anadarko, Panhandle/Hugoton, Permian, Gulf of Mexico, Eagle Ford, and San Juan
- Diversified Production/Operations Engineering background with onshore properties
- Seasoned Reservoir Engineering skill-set for onshore and offshore properties
- Excellent people, team, communication, presentation, and software skills
Standard Gas Company of New York is committed to sustainable business practices and in all ways, working to conserve the natural resources within the land that we work.
NEWS AND VIEWS
Small Producer Program
The mission of the Small Producer Program is to extend the life of mature fields in an environmentally sustainable way. The term “small producer” is defined in the 2005 Energy Policy Act (EPAct) as an entity organized under the laws of the United States with production levels of less than 1,000 barrels per day of […]
Who Are America’s Independent Producers?
The U.S. Internal Revenue Code section 613A(d) defines an independent producer as a producer who does not have more than $5 million in retail sales of oil and gas in a year or who does not refine more than an average of 75,000 barrels per day of crude oil during a given year. There are […]
Small Companies Poised to Ride Canadian Natural Gas Wave
It wasn’t too long ago that Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan issued a warning about the shortage of natural gas in the United States. “Today’s tight natural gas markets have been a long time in coming, and distant futures prices suggest that we are not apt to return to earlier periods of relative abundance and […]
Standard Gas Company of New York
9 Woodsong Drive
Roland, AR 72135
9505 Tannery Road
Carraraugus, AR NY 14719